Long Island Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Are you in serious pain because of a motorcycle accident?
Motorcycle accidents are quite different from car accidents, and that difference can often cost lives. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident on Long Island you should contact an experienced accident lawyer immediately. The Law Office of John Fazzini, P.C. has represented vehicle accident victims for more than two decades and understands how to approach your case in order to recover compensation for damages. We handle all types of accident injuries including:
- Back & neck injuries
- Brain injuries
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Paraplegia & Quadriplegia
- Bone fractures & breaks
- Wrongful death
Motorcycle Crash Statistics—a Sobering Reality
Recent studies by the National Highway and Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) show that in 2016:
- Motorcyclists were killed in 5,286 motor vehicle crashes.
- Motorcyclists accounted for 14 percent of all traffic fatalities.
- Of the fatalities in motorcycle crashes, 4,950 were riders (94 percent) and 335 were passengers (6 percent).
- Urban settings were where 57 percent of motorcycle crash fatalities occurred.
- Intersections were the scene for 34 percent of fatal crashes
By 2018, motorcycle crash fatality statistics were down but were 28 times more frequent than other fatal vehicle accidents.
There are many factors that contribute to the high rate of serious injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents, such as:
- The design of a motorcycle increases the risk for both riders and passengers for leg injuries, spinal cord injuries, and brain injuries.
- Motorcycles are smaller than other vehicles and other drivers often do not see you in their blind spots.
- Road conditions and weather can cause a rider to lose control and be ejected from the vehicle, often hitting a fixed object, such as a tree or guardrail, consequently causing severe injuries or even death.
Talk to a Long Island Motorcycle Accident Lawyer about Your Case
If you are a rider who has been seriously hurt in an accident, you should contact an accident lawyer immediately. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. To schedule a free consultation, contact The Law Office of John Fazzini, P.C. online or call (631) 547-8989 today.
Located in the heart of Huntington Station: Serving clients throughout Suffolk & Nassau Counties, Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx,Staten Island & NYC
Call our Long Island