New York Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Did you suffer a serious injury in a bicycle accident?
Every year, bicyclists are seriously injured and sometimes killed in motor vehicle accidents, which are often the vehicle driver’s fault. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were 783 bicyclists killed in traffic crashes in the United States in 2017.
If you were seriously injured in a bicycle accident, it is vital to consult with an experienced New York bicycle accident attorney immediately. If you wait too long to retain an attorney, valuable evidence may be lost or misplaced, witnesses disappear, and the insurance company may take advantage of you. At the Law Office of John Fazzini, P.C., as soon as we take on your bicycle accident case, we begin a full and thorough investigation and take action to secure relevant evidence.
Unfortunately, distracted drivers often do not look for cyclists before making risky moves that can harm others. Consequently, bike riders can be easily injured or killed by motorists who did not notice them. There are many causes for bicycle accidents, but the most common causes include:
- Left turn accident. A driver makes a sudden left-hand turn in front of you.
- Right turn accident. A vehicle travels parallel to you, accelerates, passes, and makes an unexpected right turn without signaling.
- Gap turn accident. An on-coming vehicle makes a sudden turn through a gap in stopped traffic and you are struck while travelling along the curb and passing the line of backed-up cars.
- Doored by a car. A car door is suddenly flung open as you are coming either from the front or the rear.
- Rear-end collision. As you move into the roadway to make a left-hand turn, a motorist comes up quickly from behind and rear-ends you.
Protect Your Rights by Working with a New York Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you do not have legal counsel for your bicycle accident, the insurance company may believe you are easy to intimidate and unprepared to go to court. Even if insurance adjustors seem to want to offer a fair settlement, they may take advantage of your vulnerable condition. Behind the scenes they may actually be working to build a case against you. Because the insurance company’s job is to protect their client and pay as little as possible, you are not likely to get a fair settlement for your injuries. Avoid this possibility by consulting a Long Island bicycle accident attorney who knows how to handle insurance companies and pursue accident cases. To schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney, contact us online or call (631) 547-8989 today.
Located in the heart of Huntington Station: Serving clients throughout Suffolk & Nassau Counties, Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Staten Island & NYC
Call our Long Island