Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), formerly known as Reflex Symptomatic Dystrophy(RSD)that is a condition that is often triggered by an injury sustained in a motor vehicle accident, workplace accident, or medical malpractice.  If the injury that brought on your condition occurred because of another’s negligence and/or recklessness you may have standing to file a lawsuit.  Since there is currently no cure for CRPS, treatment  is ongoing and often very costly.  Many individuals who suffer from RSD/CRPS struggle to keep up with their medical expenses in addition to their normal living expenses.  And if you or a loved is suffering from this condition you may be wondering if you can recover for your pain, suffering and medical costs.

To evaluate a case for RSD/CRPS a personal injury attorney considers many factors relative to your condition including:

•    Whether your condition first arises after an accident, injury or traumatic incident
•    If the affected body part appears swollen, discolored, withered, atrophied, and painful
•    If your doctor attributes your condition to a recent accident or injury as the likely cause
•    If you suffered a previous injury to the affected body part
•    If you had previous neck or back surgery that resulted in radiating pain in the arms and/or legs
•    Tests that you have undergone to determine your condition, such as an MRI, triple phase bone scan, and thermogram, and the results of those tests
•    Whether or not the doctor who treated you is a specialist in pain management

Personal injury law requires proof that the defendant caused your RSD/CRPS and if a qualified doctor attributes your condition to that cause.  Therefore, your attorney must also consider the facts surrounding the accident or injury.
Talk to a NY personal injury attorney who understands RSD/CRPS
If you suffer from the debilitating pain of CRPS which was triggered by an accident or medical malpractice you need to talk to an experienced attorney immediately.  To discuss your case contact John Fazzini online or call 631-547-8989 to schedule a free case evaluation.  All personal injury cases have a limited period of time in which you can file a lawsuit, so it is important to obtain legal advice as soon as possible.